Ministering in a Time of Crisis
Billy Graham Evangelistic Association responds to Coronavirus Pandemic
People across the nation are seeing this 60-second evangelistic commercial on TV, and thousands are calling in to speak with our staff. We praise God that many are making commitments to Jesus Christ.
Here are just a few of their stories:
- Tom called to find out why we need prayer to find peace in our lives. He was anxious and felt that his life was missing something. According to the world’s standards, he said his life was good, but he was not happy. As he heard the Gospel explained, He prayed to receive Jesus and is now taking the next steps to start his journey with Christ.
- Sue is 79 years old and was fearful of getting the virus. She is house-bound with some physical disabilities, and without someone to look after her, she was afraid of running out of groceries. Sue used to go to church every Sunday, but when asked if she had a personal relationship with Jesus, she was not sure. “Have you ever asked Him into her heart?” our team member asked. She answered no and said she wanted to receive Him into her life. She joyfully prayed the prayer of salvation.
- Millie is a school teacher who called in to ask for prayer that the virus would stop, for people to be healed, for power to overcome fear—and then for her own salvation. We praise God that she surrendered her life to Christ as she watched TV!
- 76-year-old Rodney phoned the prayer line and told our staff that he had wasted his life. He now wanted to find hope and new life in Jesus Christ. Rodney prayed to receive Christ, then asked for prayer that he would be able to make up for lost time.
- Sally said she and her two daughters prayed the prayer of salvation with Franklin. They had just moved into a new apartment after living for a time in their car. When our team member lifted up her family’s needs in prayer, Sally was overcome with emotion that someone cared enough to pray for her.
If you or someone you know would like to share your prayer requests, or just talk, call the BGEA Prayer Line anytime day or night, at 888-388-2683. Trained team members are ready to listen and offer prayer and encouragement.
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” – Psalm 46:1
Share BGEA’s 24/7 Prayer Line on Social Media:
Resources For Such a Time as This
Franklin Graham: Finding Solid Ground for an Unstable Future
Will Graham: Living Victoriously in Uncertain Times
How to Find Peace Amidst the Panic
Classic Sermons from Billy Graham
Cissie Graham Lynch on Fearless Faith in the Midst of COVID-19 Outbreak
Anne Graham Lotz: Is There a Blessing in the Coronavirus?
Help Others Find Peace: 10 Bible Verses to Share
3 Billy Graham Quotes to Help Fight Coronavirus Fears
Cissie Graham Lynch Encourages Parents to ‘Slow Down’ During COVID-19
Life on Hold: How to Grow Spiritually During This Global Pause
Social Distancing or Quarantine? Encouragement for the Lonely
Will Graham: Jesus Can Bring Peace, Calm in the Midst of Your Storm
When Plans Don’t Go Your Way: Cling to 12 Bible Promises
Keeping Spiritual Community During Social Distancing
Franklin Graham: ‘We Don’t Have to Live in Fear’
Anxious? Have You Tried Praying?